The upper floor of Elvis Presley’s home “Graceland” is not open to visitors out of respect for the Presley family and partially to avoid any improper focus on the bathroom which was the site of his death. It has also stayed untouched since the day Elvis died. After some elaborate searching we found some pictures and some info on The King’s room.
Here’s Elvis‘ room (top floor windows) from outside and the staircase leading up to the forbidden zone…
Access to Elvis’ bedroom is very high security, the only two people that have unlimited access is Pricilla Presley and Lisa Marie Presley. NO ONE ELSE.
Here’s Elvis’ bedroom photos…
Here’s some photos of the bathroom where Elvis died (He died on the floor to the left). You can see the bathroom counter still messy and intact as it was left.
And finally here are the procedures for access to The King’s bedroom.
Jack Soden, Angie Marchese (Archives Manager), the two that you would think have access, have to get permission, in writing, from either Lisa or Priscilla.
Here are the procedures to getting in the bedroom.
1. Written memo to Jack Soden as to the reason for needing access with an approximate time needed in the room.
2. Memo is approved by Soden, and forwarded to either Priscilla’s, or Lisa’s reps.
3. Approved or disapproved by either, and sent back to Soden.
4. If approved Soden will retrieve the keys from Graceland Vault area. The door has two combos. One Soden has, and the other is the head of Graceland security (not affiliated with their uniformed guards.)
5. The persons, or persons approved to enter the bedroom are checked for cameras, and have listed on a memo pad, what they are bringing up, or from the room. If photos of an item in the room are made, then each photo is accounted for, and stored by Soden while the process is on.
6. Soden, or one of his security will escort the rep, usually Angie Marchese to the upstairs area and open the two locked doors.
7. The time Angie is in the room is timed, and documented.
Lisa does not stay in the room, her room is still there, but of course more update to her likings. Lisa, and her mom can do what they please up there, and often do, and yes Lisa has had many visitors in her dad’s room.
Check out some more great photos and diagrams of Elvis bedroom at this link….