The upper floor of Elvis Presley’s home “Graceland” is not open to visitors out of respect for the Presley family and partially to avoid any improper focus on the bathroom which was the site of his death.
What many people don’t realize is when you enter the front door of Graceland you are immediatly below the master bedroom bathroom where Elvis Presley died on August 16, 1977.
The bedroom and bathroom have remained untouched since the day Elvis died. After some elaborate searching we found a few confirmed photos of Elvis’ bedroom.
Elvis Presley’s Bedroom
And here are some confirmed photos of the bathroom where Elvis died. It’s a bit eerie to see the bathroom counter and all products left untouched.
Elvis Presley’s Bathroom
Only Priscilla Presley and Lisa Marie Presley have unlimited access to the second floor and bedroom. Should anyone need access to the second floor of Graceland, here are the procedures they must follow to gain access…
1. Written memo to Jack Soden as to the reason for needing access with an approximate time needed in the room.
2. Memo is approved by Soden, and forwarded to either Priscilla’s, or Lisa’s reps.
3. Approved or disapproved by either, and sent back to Soden.
4. If approved Soden will retrieve the keys from Graceland Vault area. The door has two combos. One Soden has, and the other is the head of Graceland security (not affiliated with their uniformed guards.)
5. The persons, or persons approved to enter the bedroom are checked for cameras, and have listed on a memo pad, what they are bringing up, or from the room. If photos of an item in the room are made, then each photo is accounted for, and stored by Soden.
6. Soden, or one of his security will escort the rep, usually Angie Marchese to the upstairs area and open the two locked doors.
7. The time Angie is in the room is timed, and documented.
Jack Soden, Angie Marchese (Archives Manager) still have to get permission, in writing, from either Lisa or Priscilla to enter the bedroom. Priscilla & Lisa can do what they please upstairs and Lisa has had many visitors in her dad’s room.